We’re nearing my quarterly review of the Top 15 Corporate Blogs (Ranked last in May 2008). Before we get to the September ranking (a week from now) I thought I’d focus this week’s start on Indian companies’ foray into corporate blogging. This recent article in an Indian newspaper confirmed that belief. Here’s a brief synopsis:
1. Corporate Blogging has slowly but surely made it’s presence in India felt, esp. over the past 3 years:
Corporate blogging has marked its presence in India only from 2005. The pace is much slower in India when compared to that in any other country; however it is growing fast.
2. Smaller companies are seeing corporate blogs as a necessary marketing communications tool as they grow to encompass other countries. For e.g.
Narendra Barhate, managing director and CEO of city-based Seed Infotech, said, “We will launch our corporate blog in two months. Once we started to expand we realised the need for a corporate blog. Recently we expanded our business to China and corporate blogs are the need of the hour.”
3. Indian companies from tech superstars to startups are using corporate blogs as “a cost-effective method to reach out to their clients and also for brand building.”
Here’s a sampling of corporate blogs from some of India’s Tech Superstars. For readers of this blog, I’ve also linked to the Wikipedia page of these companies:
1. Infosys (check blog here)
2. TCS (check blog here)
4. HCL Technologies (check out CEO Vineet’s blog here)
For the life of me, I couldn’t find the corporate blogs of other companies mentioned in the article like IBM India nor Wipro. The above three blogs themselves have a long way to go as far as pursuing best practices in corporate blogging.
It’ll be interesting to see if any corporate blogger in the burgeoning India market would be interested in ranking corporate blogs in India similar to the Corporate Blog rankings I maintain.
Thoughts. Let me know.